If you’ve heard about, or thinking about getting getting the best Airsoft Sniper Rifle into the Airsoft combat game and want to know what you need as a beginner, this guide help you. Airsoft combat games are pretty interesting, challenging, massive fun, and very addictive. Once you take it up, chances are you’ll be addicted! The average Airsoft sniping hobbyist and enthusiast spends at least 10 years honing his skills and perfecting his shots. Okay, lets get into it.
What Are Airsoft Sniper Rifles?
AirSoft Sniper rifles are usually a true replica of firearms used by the armed forces and firearm hobbyists to train and play war games.
Airsoft Sniper Rifles Are Classified According To Their Powering Mechanisms.
- Spring Powered Guns; are mostly considered beginner airsoft guns. They consist of multi-shot shotguns, and sniper rifles. You have to cock, or pump the spring powered gun every time you fire. They are generally easier to use and are considered an excellent choice for beginners. Start with a spring Airsoft sniper rifle. These are often easier to maintain and are generally cheaper options than gas or electric guns.
- Gas Powered Guns; are mostly pistols along with a few high powered shotguns and rifles. Gas powered guns are preferred as a last resort or backup sidearm. The shots are not very accurate, but the gun will give you enough time to cause some distraction… and buy you some time to scamper away and seek a better vantage point, or hiding place.
- Electric Powered Guns; are those that fall into the category of assault rifles, SMGs and SAWs. These models are pretty accurate and effective. They are powerful. Charging each unit takes about 3 to 5 hours. They can be a little more difficult to master, but the lack of cocking or pumping action more than makes up for that.
Most Airsoft sniper rifles belong in the spring powered category and capably deliver accurate, excellent shots and performance when properly mastered.
Unlike paintball or laser tag where the target is clearly identified by the paint splatter or the shrieking sound and flashing lights in laser tags, all Airsoft gunners typically live by a code of honor where you own up, or withdraw from the round if you get hit.
The Best Airsoft Sniper Rifle? Airsoft UTG Gen5 Master Sniper
The Airsoft UTG Gen5 Black Master Sniper Rifle is one of the best Airsoft sniper rifles on the market today offering great value for money as well as delivering performance, durability and accuracy. This results orientated gun is part of the new 5th Generation Master Sniper line from UTG.
The gun features an adjustable hop-up, BB Speed Loader with a muzzle velocity of 460 fps (using .20g BBs). UTG have created a balanced, lightweight body, making it an ideal gun for beginner “Airsofters”. It’s well worth a good look!
The rifle comes in two pieces for ease of storage and portability, separating at the handle of the stock. The barrel is attached to the stock using 3 allen screws which take a few seconds to attach and detach.
Several extenders are included which can be used to add to the stock to provide the shooter with improved customization of the stock length. There is no adjustment for the vertical head rest. For stock adjustment simply use an allen key to add the extra pads on.
Benefits of the Airsoft UTG Gen5 Master Sniper Rifle:
- Available in Black, OD Green; Army Digital
- Outstanding Performance with New Gen Bolt and Reinforced Safety
- Metal Barrel, Bolt/Cocking, Trigger and More
- Long Range, High Power Pin-Point Accuracy Performance
- Spring Powered Deluxe Speed Loader
- UTG Tactical Bipod with Picatinny Mount and Posi-Lock
- UTG Sniper Rifle Sling
- Spare Magazine
- Scope and Rings are Sold Separately
Metal All The Way…
The full length of the barrel is metal, from the trigger group on up to the inner and outer barrel. The bolt can be a bit stiff at first, but with use the inner spring wears out it does get easier.
Iron sight is not included on this gun, so is recommended you use a red dot site, or a telescopic scope to really make use of the accuracy of this Airsoft sniper rifle. There is a weaver rail on top of the bolt group which is full metal and held in together by 2 allen screws.
What’s The Best Ammunition?
- This gun will shoot about 450 fps with .2 BB’s, but it is recommended using heavier BB’s.
- Try .25 BB’s, but even the .25 can be a bit light as the gun will arch the BB’s up, even with hopup all the way off, using .25 BB’s.
- If you are looking for the best accuracy it is hard to go past .3’s or even .4’s. The UTG Airsoft Gen5 Master Sniper has the power that allows it to shoot the heavier BB’s. The bipod that comes with the gun does the job well.
The sniper rifle bipod is designed with an adjustable length, and is mainly metal with rubber feet on the base to keep it stable. At the front of the stock, there is a metal weaver rail for attaching the bipod. The bipod stand is held in place using 2 allen screws.
The safety is a simple push just behind the bolt. There is a visual red dot indicator when the safety is set on fire. The Hopup is pretty much useless on anything .25 or lower, due to the spin the rifle puts on the BB pellet. It is accessible on the front left side of the stock, and it’s a lever you push forwards and back to adjust how much hop the BB has.
The trigger guard is a separate piece that is attached via two screws and can be separated once the barrel and bolt has been removed.
Some Of The Necessary Sniper Rifle Accessories To Consider…
- Tactical Goggles or Paintball Masks
- Batteries for Automatic AEGs
- BB Ammo and Spare High Capacity Magazines (also called High Caps)
- Battle Dress Uniforms (can be 3-color desert battle dress uniforms, US Woodland or British DPMs)
- Army Combat Uniforms
- Chest Harnesses and Assault Vests
- Communication Devices: Walkie Talkies, Cameras, Binoculars and Radios.
- Batteries and Flashlights
- Combat or Jungle Boots, Kevlars, Elbow Pads, Camouflage Ponchos, Balaclavas, and Drinking Canteens.
5 Top Tips To Effectively Master Your Airsoft Sniper Rifle…
Just what do you to do to become a pro at using the sniper rifle? The following tips will help:
2) Get a mentor or practice partner and practice frequently. The more you practice, the better you’ll get.
4) Practice with different weapons to find out which one you have more flair for.
Keep In Mind The Basic Rules Of Airsoft Safety….
All guns require responsible use. A clear necessity. The following tips should be kept in mind at all times:
2) Always clean the gun after every use
4) As much as possible, avoid shooting your target in the face, the groin or the neck.
6) Always follow all accompanying safety procedures.
There you have it – everything you need to get you started on becoming an Airsoft pro in as little time as possible. Now that you know what to do and what to avoid, go get yourself an amazing Airsoft sniper rifle and have crazy fun.